Words are powerful.
The words of Jesus, especially so.
This unique Lenten curriculum provides a space in which we can listen to Jesus’ final words from the cross. As we listen, we understand and identify with His suffering in a way that challenges us, transforms us, and ultimately brings us hope.
This unique small group curriculum centers on a DVD teaching series exploring the Seven Last Words spoken by Christ on the cross. There are seven teaching sessions, one for each word spoken by Christ.
As you walk through the curriculum with a small group or , you will have the opportunity to hear in-depth Biblical teaching and openly discuss the teaching in your group. Together, you’ll observe a holy Lent as you study and delve deeply into God’s Word. You’ll also strengthen the bonds of community as you grow together, allowing your lives to be transformed by what you discover.
- Forgiveness: Father, forgive they know not what they do.
- Salvation: Today you will be with me in Paradise.
- Relationship: Woman, behold your son... Behold your mother.
- Distress: I thirst.
- Abandonment: My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?
- Reunion: Father, into your hands I commend my Spirit.
- Triumph: It is finished.